During the Covid-19 health crises, our Outreach and Health Ministries Teams are making regular contact with friends and neighbors. If you have a need, please be sure to visit our Facebook page to get our latest info, Pastor Kim’s message or private message us with your concerns.
A SPECIAL OFFERING IN MEMORY OF Abby Smith was taken and Wesley Chapel purchased one of Abby’s pieces of art from her parents, Bill and Toni Smith. It is displayed in the church. A total of $350 was collected and donated to “For the Love of a Veteran” in her honor. Bucket Change for the month of June and July was also designated to this cause.
RUTH’S HARVEST – FAIRFIELD We are again gathering a monthly collection of individual serving foods such as fruits, vegetables, popcorn, non-refrigerated milk, cereal, pasta meals, pudding, Jell-O, oatmeal, mac & cheese, Ramen noodles, pop tarts, kid-friendly soups, 100% juices, etc. 396 Servings have been collected so far this current school year!
Please place your gifts in the designated blue bucket by the organ or in between the storm and interior doors of the church and contact Missy Miller at 717.321.0169 to let her know you’ve dropped off your items.
A packing schedule is: 6 PM at Ruth’s Harvest Pantry at 47 Brent Road, Fairfield on November 30, 2021, January 4, February 8 & March 8, 2022.
2021 SUMMER FOOD PROGRAM
Foods were packed and delivered in June, July & August, totaling 9,480 servings. Due to an over-abundance of donations, one more packing (September 24 at 9 AM) & delivery (September 25 at 10 AM) is scheduled. Please see Missy (717.321.0169) with questions.
We ask the Wesley Chapel congregation and our neighbors to continue their support of the monthly collection for the Blue Ridge Food Bank.
Our Outreach and Health Ministries teams joined together to make a $100.00 donation to the 2021 Fairfield Seniors’ Safe and Sane event.
We serve our community by:
- hosting an annual Fall Festival (non-Covid times)
- visiting shut-in friends & neighbors
- supporting local assisted living residents
- coordinating a summer food program for Ruth’s Harvest families
- providing meals for Seton Center, Inc. program participants
- assisting Fairfield Fire & EMS Company and Fountaindale Volunteer Fire Department with community events
- gathering funds and goods for the Fairfield Food Pantry, Blue Ridge Summit Help Hotline and Ruth’s Harvest – Fairfield
- and more